IT’S HERE: OUR SECOND ANNUAL COMMUNITY CLEANUP!
Each year, the City of Calgary Waste Recycling Services and Community Standards partner with community associations such as ours to help residents rid themselves of unwanted household items and property waste. This saves a trip to the landfill for items that don’t fit waste and recycling carts or for residents who don’t have cart service. UHCA has teamed up with the city to provide three packer trucks with crews. This is a free service for all Calgarians.
Please note that participants will be required to follow all active provincial and local public health measures during Community Clean-up events. For more information visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx and www.calgary.ca/covid19.
SAT APRIL 23rd, 2022
Date: Saturday April 23rd, 2022
Time: 9AM to 2PM
Westmount School Parking Lot
2215 Uxbridge Drive N.W.
Changes to this year’s clean-up include:
- No yard waste (organics truck not provided), however from April 18-May 29, you may take yard waste to a City Landfill free of charge! Loads should only have leaves, branches, plants and grass clippings. See organics options here (https://www.calgary.ca/waste/drop-off/yard-waste.html).
- Usable items will be redirected ON SITE to our partner, The Drop-In Centre’s Free Good Program. No need to make 2 trips, just bring everything to the clean-up! (https://calgarydropin.ca/howwehelp/free-goods-program/) Please visit our website for a list of items that are accepted.
Items that are not accepted:
Propane Tanks Tires Car Batteries
Paint Chemicals Yard Waste
Recyclable material such as glass, propane tanks or microwaves and MAY NOT be brought to the cleanup site. Please use the city’s recycling depots for these items. There is not an organics truck at this year’s clean-up however from April 18-May 29, you may take yard waste to a City Landfill free of charge! Loads should only have leaves, branches, plants and grass clippings. See organics options here (https://www.calgary.ca/waste/drop-off/yard-waste.html).
This year, we are also partnering with the Drop-In Centre and their Free Goods Program (https://calgarydropin.ca/howwehelp/free-goods-program/) to keep usable items out of the landfill. The Free Goods Program will be on site accepting items at the same time as the packer trucks are available. Please visit our website for items that are accepted.
List from Drop-In Centre:
- Bed Frames, box springs, and mattresses (without rips, tears, or stains)
- Can Openers
- Couches (without rips, tears, or stains)
- Kitchen Tables
- Men’s and Women’s Underwear
- Travel Size Hygiene Supplies
General Items We Accept:
- Clothing, Linens, and Towels
- Computers and Electronics
- Gently Used to New Furniture
- Household Miscellaneous, kitchenware, and Small Appliances
- Hygiene Supplies
Items We Do Not Accept:
- Broken Furniture
- Car Seats, Cribs, High Chairs, Strollers
- Electric Exercise Equipment
- Home Renovation Items
- King Size Beds
- Large Appliances
- Large Glass Hutches
- Large Office Furniture
- Patio Furniture
- Yard Maintenance Supplies
Please follow us on social media or check out our website at www.uhcacalgary.org for more details and updates.