IT’S HERE: OUR THIRD ANNUAL COMMUNITY CLEANUP!
Each year, the City of Calgary Waste Recycling Services and Community Standards partner with community associations such as ours to help residents rid themselves of unwanted household items and property waste. This saves a trip to the landfill for items that don’t fit waste and recycling carts or for residents who don’t have cart service. UHCA has teamed up with the city to provide three packer trucks with crews. This is a free service for all Calgarians.
SAT APRIL 30th, 2023
Date: Saturday April 30th, 2023
Time: 9AM to 2PM
Westmount School Parking Lot
2215 Uxbridge Drive N.W.
- There will be 3 packer trucks (no yard waste again this year) as well as a metals recycling bin.
- As well, donations in usable condition (no rips, etc) will be accepted by the Drop In Centre’s Free Goods Program and MEOW Foundation on site.
- All of these services are offered free of charge and we look forward to seeing everyone!
- Please reach out to Andrea (email@example.com) to volunteer for a portion or all of clean-up day.
Soup Truck! Hosted by Calgary-Varsity Alberta Party MLA candidate Dr. Angela Grace, the No Fixed Address soup truck will be on site. www.nofixedaddress.ca
- Usable items will be redirected ON SITE to our partners, The Drop-In Centre’s Free Good Program and MEOW Foundation. No need to make 2 trips, just bring everything to the clean-up! (https://calgarydropin.ca/howwehelp/free-goods-program/) Please see below for a list of items that are accepted.
- No yard waste (organics truck not provided), however from April 14 – May 28, you may take yard waste to a City Landfill free of charge! Loads should only have leaves, branches, plants and grass clippings. See organics options here (https://www.calgary.ca/waste/drop-off/yard-waste.html).
- PCL is also providing a metals recycling bin for the clean-up. Last year they helped redirect a significant amount of metal from the landfill and by providing an onsite bin, the impact can be even greater.
- We love support from our community! Volunteers are needed, to help out please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preference of shift time (8:30-11:30, 11:30 to 2:30) and position (directing traffic or unloading vehicles)
Items that are not accepted:
Propane Tanks Tires Car Batteries
Paint Chemicals Yard Waste
Home Appliances Glass Railroad Ties
Recyclable material such as glass, propane tanks or microwaves and MAY NOT be brought to the cleanup site. Please use the city’s recycling depots for these items. There is not an organics truck at this year’s clean-up, however see organics options here (https://www.calgary.ca/waste/drop-off/yard-waste.html).
List from Drop-In Centre:
- Bed Frames, box springs, and mattresses (without rips, tears, or stains)
- Can Openers
- Couches (without rips, tears, or stains)
- Kitchen Tables
- Men’s and Women’s Underwear
- Travel Size Hygiene Supplies
General Items We Accept:
- Clothing, Linens, and Towels
- Computers and Electronics
- Gently Used to New Furniture
- Household Miscellaneous, kitchenware, and Small Appliances
- Hygiene Supplies
Items We Do Not Accept:
- Broken Furniture
- Car Seats, Cribs, High Chairs, Strollers
- Electric Exercise Equipment
- Home Renovation Items
- King Size Beds
- Large Appliances
- Large Glass Hutches
- Large Office Furniture
- Patio Furniture
- Yard Maintenance Supplies
Please follow us on social media or check out our website at www.uhcacalgary.org for more details and updates.