Thanks to the City of Calgary Adopt a Rink program and community member Phil, our community has a skating rink again! The Adopt a Rink program provides all the materials to build the rink including boards, liner & water and the community provides the volunteers to build, maintain and oversee it during the winter.
There are a few rules to note:
- The rink is for pleasure skating only. Hockey equipment and games are not permitted.
- The rink is only for use during daylight hours (no lights permitted)
- Community residents are encouraged to use the rink and help to maintain it. If it needs to be cleared of snow, please help shovel it (there should be a shovel at the rink)
- Community residents are encouraged to gather friends and family to use the rink
- Please remember that skating is at your own risk and helmets are encouraged for all skaters.
Thanks again to the City of Calgary and Phil and neighbors for their commitment to this great initiative!
Where Is It? Rink is located in the green space behind the alley that connects Utah Cres and Utah Place NW. See the map below, or click the link here to open up a larger map.